CISWO provides a Personal Welfare Service to former miners and their families, including wives, partners, widows and any dependent children with a physical or learning disability
We aim to enhance the conditions of living, maintain independence and improve quality of life. Each led by a qualified Social Worker, our experienced regional teams offer:-
- A confidential home visiting service to provide advice and support across a range of issues.
- Advocacy – to support and enable people to express their views and concerns, and defend and promote their rights and responsibilities, including access to information and services.
- Emotional support at times of personal difficulty, including loss and bereavement, illness and caring responsibilities.
- Assistance to complete welfare benefit applications and industry related associated compensation schemes.
- Advice on Mining related issues including illness, disability, loneliness and social isolation.
- Support at times of exceptional hardship where there is essential need to access available funds through CISWO (subject to eligibility) or to access external funding through working with like-minded agencies and charities.
We will do our utmost to provide support, free of charge, to individuals in line with the policy of our National Trustees.
All staff are DBS checked
Do you think we could help you or someone you know? Please click here to find your nearest office.